Skip to main content

A happy to endearing Neeji :D

Neeji Neeji Neeji I know you are not very excited about your BirthDAY this time! I hope this short and humble post would make you smile your 1000watt vaala smile.






Your Birthday ought to be special coz if you weren't born then, we wouldn't have met!! That reminds me of our first ever meeting, the credit for which goes to PJ and AOL's silence program. We were not even friends then and you were already ensuring if I had had proper meals and was comfortable. It was so nice of you to drive us to the venue early morning, despite the heavy fog and you not being able to clearly view the road ahead :P In silence, you wanted to tell us...'I can't see clearly, please drive' and I used to wipe the windshield thinking this damn fog is the root cause of your concern...thank god we didn't end up in hospital :P My first impression of you was 'how will she do this course? she wouldn't be able to keep silence' but I was so wrong! Your determination and will power surprised all of us...as you would put it 'Man she's a tough cookie' 





 I am at loss of words right now! There's so much about you, and words are not enough to express your charm and awesomeness quotient. For a person like me, it's difficult to make friends and keep the friendship going. But with you, everything just fell in place. We no longer see each other as frequently as we used to and am not very fond of chitchats on phone. Despite this, we share a good equation :) there's something magical between you, me and Shipra, is it the AOL effect? touch wood! I hope everything stays this way...even after we get married :P I know you will say 'I don't want to, mujhe ni karni' and enlightened Shipra would say 'Bol le beta..sab aise hi bolte hain, every girl says this' :P Then you'll go on 'am serious'.



 
Aren't you the most happiest person I have ever met..your effervescent smile always lifts up our spirits! Shipra's mom had aptly put it, you have that bright glint of naughtiness and innocence in your eyes, and that glow of enlightenment...you are our modern day 'Krishna'. You are truly living the five sutras from AOL. Even if situations are not so pleasant, you always have that smile. And you never utter a word to anyone when you are upset, always wanting to deal with it alone.I still vividly remember that evening, when you were trying to drink your tears and I played dumb, pretending to overlook them because I knew you wanted to be alone. Your compassion as well as the spirit of service and sharing is inspiring for all of us.

Neeji, your creative streak always leaves me spell bound! Aren't you too humble for an awesome, out of the world, top designer! Your brand 'Maapaa' would make big waves one day, mark my words :) I hope your wish of three of us doing something big together becomes a reality :)

 


Thank you Neeji for giving us joyous days :) We really miss you here in MV...those evening walks for momos, ganna juice, golgappas, grocery shopping and gedis. And how can how I forget the way you convinced mum for my first ever night stay at a friend's place :P Our misadventure with baking a chocolate cake, how we were licking off the chocolate batter from vessel...your special butter vaali maggi and garlic bread toast. This reminds me, you are such a cleanliness freak...my mum loves you for that! And with your knack for photography and those cool pouts, our pictures have never looked better and more lively! The way you dress up and add that spark of innovation to mundane outfits speaks volumes about your creativity! Your attires mostly have that androgynous look with so much eye for small details..on the other hand, we also know how beautiful and graceful you look in Indian feminine outfits, specially in those saris draped by your friends ;) am sorry I had to write this here, and how I wish I had those pics too!

Gratitude and lots of love to you :) May this birthday bring in a new era of more happiness, smiles and joy in your life...may all your wishes become a reality soon, and may you keep rising and shinning! One day, we'll see your name all over and then I will say 'Look! she's my friend'. 











Comments

sobhit said…
N ur way wid words never fails.. Happy birthday to your friend..
Makk said…
Not writing often is not a good idea.

Popular posts from this blog

You get to be a judge!

Innocent... or Guilty? I have this fascination for judges, advocates and courtrooms.There's something about them which evokes my inner chords. How i wish i were a lawyer...sigh! Anyhow, whatever happens happens for good. So, personally this tag is kind of special for me because i get to be a judge for a change:D Rohini at Train of thought tagged me. I am omitting rule 4 in my post. RULE 1- You can only say Guilty or Innocent. RULE 2- You are not allowed to explain anything unless someone messages you and asks! RULE 3- Copy and paste this into your notes , delete my answers, type in your answers and tag to your friends to answer this. Asked someone to marry you? Innocent. Ever kissed someone of the same sex? Innocent. Danced on a table in a bar? Innocent. Ever told a lie? Guilty. Had feelings for someone whom you can’t have back? Guilty. Kissed a picture? Guilty. Slept in until 5 PM? Innocent. Fallen asleep at work/school? Guilty. Held a snake? Innocent. Been suspended from school?

Smiles and small wins

Meera looked around, searching for a friendly or familiar face amidst the crowd. All she craved was a smile or just someone noticing her. She had had a long day today at the resto-bar and her boss had asked her to clock in an extra couple of hours because it was Friday.  "I am not a shadow to be ignored, I am a star" she smiled hoping someone would reciprocate. Meera glanced at the shadows swaying to the music in blinking red and yellow lights. Oh, wait! Was it just music or the alcohol-induced trance? Or both? As she waited by the women's restroom, she adjusted her uniform to breathe in more air. Her workstation was miles apart from the airconditioned hall and a small table fan was placed near her stool. More than air, the fan exuded pesky noise. She let out a long sigh and peeked at her wristwatch. She felt some relief! Meera wished for time to pass sooner. She imagined sitting on her bed and watching the blissful face of her sleeping daughter. "You will be home wi

The day I turned 28 ;) (Yes I dare to say the number)...Am I really this old?

Twenty-eight years ago on Monday, 22 nd December 1986 an angel descended on the earth amidst dense fog and chilling winter…she charmed one and all :P Everyone was celebrating and congratulating!  Monday, 22 nd December 2014, this time too dense fog had enveloped Delhi! Freezing breeze brushed past my face and ruffled my hair, I couldn’t help but smile…it was the same years ago, Man!! This is my real vaala birthday (considering the weather conditions and the fact that it was Monday like in ’86)  Early morning auto ride...and I like this tree But alas, I was reporting to work this time unlike my previous birthdays, when I was pampered silly by one and all!! Mind raced back to my grand  birthday celebrations last year…that was supposed to be my last birthday as a bachelorette…as fate would have it, here I am! very much single, hale and super happy :) Dad did pass a remark ‘this should be your last one as a bachelorette in this house’ and I was like ‘ho ho ho’.  It has