Skip to main content

Delirious perspectives

As they say 'An empty mind is a devil's workshop' and I'm no different.I jotted down few random and bizarre opinions of mine.

My take on profanities

Sonofabitch, Motherfucking, our very own B.C. , Ch. ,#@%^…Etc.( my vocabulary is limited :(, I never think beyond ‘kutte’and ‘ghaade’)What’s the similarity in all these swear words? All of them target females related to the recipient.Lately I have observed that these words are being used more as punctuation marks rather than as profanities. The male ego or psyche gets a boost when these words are used, moreover, when one is in the company of peers. I think,a sense of pride and achievement is felt.However, when one is actually cursing somebody I fail to understand that how in the world can you say ‘have sex with your mother or sister or whatever’ for a mistake of his. I don’t know whether people actually realize what they are saying while using these words. But, logically,how come ‘go fuck your mother or sister’ comes into the picture? The other day an autowallah said ‘Madam aapne Ch. banadiya mere ko’. I don’t know what it means but it is definitely something vulgar. I shot back ‘Maine kuch nahin banaya’ and I thought ‘aapko banaane ki zaroorat nahin ha,aap ho hi’.
Who so ever invented these kinds of words must be so happy in his grave considering the immense popularity of his creations now days. Moreover, we get an idea about men’s mental framework. They never thought of women beyond ‘baby vending machines’ or ‘sex objects’. But, now times have changed. Women have broken the glass ceiling, they are in the forefront every where at least in urban areas. So, I was thinking why not turn the wheels in the reverse direction. Let’s have curses like ‘Sonofadog’, fatherfucking, brotherfucking etc. The intended receiver could be a female or a male(gay relationships are not looked down upon nowadays). Usage of these words shall buoy up the feminine psyche and men will probably realize what those words actually imply rather than using them unconsciously.
Another thing that irks me is the male hypocrisy. Any ‘chivalrous gentleman’ won’t buzz these words in the company of women. However, five drinks later, all that chivalry just vanishes in the air. Moreover, when we see a girl using this kind of language, the society tends to label her as ‘immoral’, ‘slut’, ‘a whore’ etc. In St. Joseph's,I remember being repeatedly told that ‘Good girls never use such language’. When a guy uses these words he is considered to be ‘kewl’ or ‘has grown up’.What happened to the freedom of expression for us?

My take on naturism

Flat 50% Off, Last two days, Never before, up to 70% discount.
For the past few months newspapers have been screaming SALE and trying to lure mortals to burn their hard earned money. It’s not that I regret splurging on clothes. ‘Clothes maketh the man’ , they do enhance our exteriors. My devil mind came up with a bizarre thought. What if we didn’t wear any clothes? No more mindless spending and bothering about how am I looking in this? Great na!

What if somebody had never bothered to invent textiles and fabrics? Life would have been much simpler. We would be roaming around either naked or with leaves and bushes covering only what needs to be covered. I think the first choice is better. There would be no global warming owing to transportation of fabrics and processing of synthetics. No more shearing sheep for wool and extracting silk out of silk worm cocoons. There won’t be any Armani’s, Versace’s and other unrealistically costing designer stuff.

On a serious note, there won’t be any biases or discrimination on the way one is dressed. Everybody would be at par in the society. Moreover, we’ll love and respect our bodies just as they are, like naturists. There are several beaches in the world where people can roam around only in their body suit. Every atom of our body would be in contact with the air and we would feel closer to nature. Just look around, everything in our surroundings is bare and in its natural form. Why are then, we human beings trying to cover up? Now I understand why some ‘holy men’ roam around naked in places like Varanasi and Benares. I always considered it disgusting and thought that they were trying to garner attention. They give a damn about what others think. Why do Pagans pray in nude? This is how it should have been in our society. I think clothes are a man made barrier which prevents our communion with nature. We no longer respect and appreciate the natural beauty.

Well, i guess somethings were meant to be as they are and nobody can change the way things are now.Will have to live with these norms.
Now i realize what crap have i written,anyhow ' Thodi bahut pagalpaanti bhi zaroori ha'

Comments

Parul said…
Holy cow!! Blog of the season.. Truly a masterpiece! I mean gurl you

are damn good ya. I dunno haw many times would i say this, but really

you send jitters through the spine!
Your take on Profanities is amazing. In this sick male dominated society of ours its the women who are the ultimate sufferers, be it education, social issues or these fucking abuses!! :x
Seriously, people need to realise that this aint a matter of sounding cool. I think most of them dont even mean what they are saying. But the amount of effect it mite cause only the one at the receiving end wud know! Id like to hear the mentioned male oriented abuses! pata toh chale inko what it feels like...
And perhaps simplicity is what defines nature, but man loves to complicate things further so that i guess will continue..

Baki keep up the good work!!
sobhit said…
well speechless.... dats how ur blog leaves me.. talk abt hitin d nail on d head?? u hammer it insyd d souls my frnd, cant say nething aftr readin ur blog, my vocblry falls shrt of words 4dis mastrpiece,so u fill in all adjctvs u evr hrd of , all d gud 1s i mean..as 4me gota thnk like 2wce b4 evn abusin ne1 4m now on, guess nvr really paid no heed 2 y n wen v use dem, oftn wen d head blows randmly v uttr things n it nvr helps, myt mk situation only worse, frankly speakin dis work f urs sends creeps thru me, wud shake 1 n all 2d deepest core. d 2nd haf featurin d naturism is anthr wrk of art but seriously once u thru wid d 1st 1..nothin else seems dat gr8, hw u obsrve n mk d most irrelevnt of things so relevnt is commndble, d class ,elegance n dignity (like i said my vocab limits me der)u hv dnt think ne1 can evr match it,not in my knwledge,in all sincerity.. hv has alwaz had gr8 regrds 4u as a frnd n a person... aftr readin dis d respct level goes evn higher... hats off 2u, its gud 2 knw world still has ppl like u in it.... n speechless like i said dnt really knw wot else 2 say,so mindbogling work n i seriously dnt knw ot 2say... feels gota gt back in life n apologize 2 all i evr abused or cursed,, nvr thot a blog cud mk me feel dat way.. (dat small n low, wich by all means is my fault ).. u r d true maverick my dear frnd,.. no words f appreciation can nvr evn b near d standards dat u set.. udefin8ly r D ROCK STAR, kudos 2u my frnd... n keep rockin wid ur life n blogs
TM said…
a very nice write up on abuses..

Popular posts from this blog

You get to be a judge!

Innocent... or Guilty? I have this fascination for judges, advocates and courtrooms.There's something about them which evokes my inner chords. How i wish i were a lawyer...sigh! Anyhow, whatever happens happens for good. So, personally this tag is kind of special for me because i get to be a judge for a change:D Rohini at Train of thought tagged me. I am omitting rule 4 in my post. RULE 1- You can only say Guilty or Innocent. RULE 2- You are not allowed to explain anything unless someone messages you and asks! RULE 3- Copy and paste this into your notes , delete my answers, type in your answers and tag to your friends to answer this. Asked someone to marry you? Innocent. Ever kissed someone of the same sex? Innocent. Danced on a table in a bar? Innocent. Ever told a lie? Guilty. Had feelings for someone whom you can’t have back? Guilty. Kissed a picture? Guilty. Slept in until 5 PM? Innocent. Fallen asleep at work/school? Guilty. Held a snake? Innocent. Been suspended from school?

Smiles and small wins

Meera looked around, searching for a friendly or familiar face amidst the crowd. All she craved was a smile or just someone noticing her. She had had a long day today at the resto-bar and her boss had asked her to clock in an extra couple of hours because it was Friday.  "I am not a shadow to be ignored, I am a star" she smiled hoping someone would reciprocate. Meera glanced at the shadows swaying to the music in blinking red and yellow lights. Oh, wait! Was it just music or the alcohol-induced trance? Or both? As she waited by the women's restroom, she adjusted her uniform to breathe in more air. Her workstation was miles apart from the airconditioned hall and a small table fan was placed near her stool. More than air, the fan exuded pesky noise. She let out a long sigh and peeked at her wristwatch. She felt some relief! Meera wished for time to pass sooner. She imagined sitting on her bed and watching the blissful face of her sleeping daughter. "You will be home wi

The day I turned 28 ;) (Yes I dare to say the number)...Am I really this old?

Twenty-eight years ago on Monday, 22 nd December 1986 an angel descended on the earth amidst dense fog and chilling winter…she charmed one and all :P Everyone was celebrating and congratulating!  Monday, 22 nd December 2014, this time too dense fog had enveloped Delhi! Freezing breeze brushed past my face and ruffled my hair, I couldn’t help but smile…it was the same years ago, Man!! This is my real vaala birthday (considering the weather conditions and the fact that it was Monday like in ’86)  Early morning auto ride...and I like this tree But alas, I was reporting to work this time unlike my previous birthdays, when I was pampered silly by one and all!! Mind raced back to my grand  birthday celebrations last year…that was supposed to be my last birthday as a bachelorette…as fate would have it, here I am! very much single, hale and super happy :) Dad did pass a remark ‘this should be your last one as a bachelorette in this house’ and I was like ‘ho ho ho’.  It has