Skip to main content

Holding on...

My love!! I am back. A lot has changed since my last post. I have made my entry in to the corporate jungle. And what a jungle it is! The journey began with a huge set back. A dear friend who was supposed to join with me has found another calling. This further reinforced my belief that relationships are painful indeed. I am still trying to adapt and live with the other fellows. They are nice people and now I think it’s safe to call them friends. The transition from campus to corporate is not easy and so we were made to attend a number of workshops. In one of the workshops we were asked to relate ourselves to a cartoon character and I saw myself as Alice, lost in her own wonderland. Really! I feel kind of lost somewhere. I can’t locate an anchor in this tense storm. Unable to use my wings, am drifting with the strong winds. The nightmares are back to haunt me. The other day I was so frightened that I started weeping. Are the nightmares raising their ugly heads because of my own insecurities? Pooh! I am writing after such a long gap and am vomiting all crap. However, this is my only way to express and introspect.

The last two working days were the best days at the organization. We had “About Me” sessions. We played fun games and even prepared a skit. Now! I never knew that I could act. This was a revelation of sorts. I did justice to my role and got compliments too. However, I wanted to play the seducing manager but I guess I was not assertive enough to take my stand. I saw the mirror in these two days and the reflection was not at all pleasing. In team tasks, I saw myself struggling really hard to make my ideas heard. This frustrated me. I gave up. Friends saw the frustration. I don’t know why people are not willing to listen and treat others with respect. Working in teams is tougher than I had thought before. If this was the trailer, then I am not at all willing to watch the movie. During “value talks” I was choked with emotion. We were told to fill in the goal sheets and I was all blank. I went up to the trainer to clarify my problems regarding attitude goals. My query was a Googly and for a moment he was taken aback. He answered it though and the answer was a shock for me. Those words have disturbed my center of gravity.

Moreover, I believe the jaded feeling that has enveloped me these days is a part of the puzzle. I am fed up of self. This is perhaps the reason for my silly behavior. I am spending money on silly stuff, writing shit (this post) and treating my friends like dirt. I am not a loyal friend. I am unable to relate my notions to them even after their prompts neither am ears to their tribulations.They are incredibly good to me and i don't reciprocate that.

I believe I belong to the league of famous personalities like Van Gogh and Virginia Woolf :P They took their own lives out of boredom or some psychological disorders. Though, in terms of talent I am no where as of now. I have started fearing myself. A black hole is attracting me, however I am still holding on. Holding on to those who care, those who mean the world to me and the simple pleasures of life

Comments

sobhit said…
u knw its funny... like dey say easier said dan done... gota practise wot u preach n stuff lyk dat.. holding on hanging in der... its all part n parcel n lyf.. n more attachd u r d more painful its goin 2b.. den again... d coin alwaz has 2 faces 2it.. d deeper 1 goes in sorrw d higher is a level of happiness once dey come out f d sorrw.. n higher dey rise in happiness d same dept dey mk dwn 4 wen in sorrw... its as simple as dat.. beni a student f physics u wud hv a bttr understanding f all such laws i gues... ur jst thinkin 2much dats abt it... sit dwn n think .. hmm rathr stop thinkin n u'ill c its all d same.. things wont change till u dont want dem 2 change... n tyms n ppl chnge.. but a basic of a person nvr chnges ,, n dats d only thing wich keeps u connctd n keep goin strong... am sayin all dis 4 i'v been thru all such tyms :P :P exprncd fella in dis domain i am... so it feels gud 2 share my knwlgde wid frnds arnd.. n if it helps dem out evn bttr else my free fund suggestion n thots mite jst bother n pester dem... well wotevr b it .. i got my freedom f speech n habit of commenting :P :P so b it...

am wondering wot ur trainer answerd 2u dat distrbd u 2 d cbter f d gravity.. pheww heavy line der.. ur silly behaviour is 1f d most intruiging part f persona .. n guess widout it u wont b d same... bein fed f self is obvius for d past 2 odd decades v ppl hv been living wid ourselves 24x7 365 days thru d yr n no wonder 1 ought 2 get bored 4 evfry1 needs sm chnge in life n dats d way life has 2b b shud b..

spending money on silly stuff... well being a gud dats ur duty 2do dat :P :P

writing shit... trust me ur incapcble f dat.. evn in ur worst day n mood its not in u 2 write crap..ur technically not sound 2do dat : P:P

treating frnds lyk dirt n not bein a loyal frnd... well let d frnds dcyd dat... n trust me irrespsctv f fact dat ur frnds r ur frnds. no1 wil tk bein treatd like dirt... so if u think ur doin dat den tk dat notion outta ur head.. 4 its d dirt dat hs settled in ur head or rath in front f ur eyes dats making u find things n frnds arnd u hazy.. shrugh it off n u'ill c things n ppl were nvr gone... as 4 bein loyal.. well dats 4 tym 2 tell n u cant dcyd dat alone by urself

wen in a relationship b it frndshp or wotevr its 2 ppl invld n both d parties gota hv der say.. 1 alone cant come 2 conclusion so stop doin dat n i wont say stop thinkin.. only chnge ur line f thots n u'ill c all ur fears n jaded feeling r athing f past.. rest ur way more mature n smarter dan me 2 knw wots rite .. so will stop crapping up here n leave u in2 intrspection f anthr kind :P :P
happy crapping.. oops i mean blogging :P :P.. (well u said it .. :P :P)
n dis is ur domain f expertise u gota b more regular here am sure like ur frnd ur blog 2 wud hv missd u n wud not want u 2b away 4 long... tk cr n keep posting
Anonymous said…
Best of luck...hope you have a great time

Popular posts from this blog

You get to be a judge!

Innocent... or Guilty? I have this fascination for judges, advocates and courtrooms.There's something about them which evokes my inner chords. How i wish i were a lawyer...sigh! Anyhow, whatever happens happens for good. So, personally this tag is kind of special for me because i get to be a judge for a change:D Rohini at Train of thought tagged me. I am omitting rule 4 in my post. RULE 1- You can only say Guilty or Innocent. RULE 2- You are not allowed to explain anything unless someone messages you and asks! RULE 3- Copy and paste this into your notes , delete my answers, type in your answers and tag to your friends to answer this. Asked someone to marry you? Innocent. Ever kissed someone of the same sex? Innocent. Danced on a table in a bar? Innocent. Ever told a lie? Guilty. Had feelings for someone whom you can’t have back? Guilty. Kissed a picture? Guilty. Slept in until 5 PM? Innocent. Fallen asleep at work/school? Guilty. Held a snake? Innocent. Been suspended from school?

Smiles and small wins

Meera looked around, searching for a friendly or familiar face amidst the crowd. All she craved was a smile or just someone noticing her. She had had a long day today at the resto-bar and her boss had asked her to clock in an extra couple of hours because it was Friday.  "I am not a shadow to be ignored, I am a star" she smiled hoping someone would reciprocate. Meera glanced at the shadows swaying to the music in blinking red and yellow lights. Oh, wait! Was it just music or the alcohol-induced trance? Or both? As she waited by the women's restroom, she adjusted her uniform to breathe in more air. Her workstation was miles apart from the airconditioned hall and a small table fan was placed near her stool. More than air, the fan exuded pesky noise. She let out a long sigh and peeked at her wristwatch. She felt some relief! Meera wished for time to pass sooner. She imagined sitting on her bed and watching the blissful face of her sleeping daughter. "You will be home wi

The day I turned 28 ;) (Yes I dare to say the number)...Am I really this old?

Twenty-eight years ago on Monday, 22 nd December 1986 an angel descended on the earth amidst dense fog and chilling winter…she charmed one and all :P Everyone was celebrating and congratulating!  Monday, 22 nd December 2014, this time too dense fog had enveloped Delhi! Freezing breeze brushed past my face and ruffled my hair, I couldn’t help but smile…it was the same years ago, Man!! This is my real vaala birthday (considering the weather conditions and the fact that it was Monday like in ’86)  Early morning auto ride...and I like this tree But alas, I was reporting to work this time unlike my previous birthdays, when I was pampered silly by one and all!! Mind raced back to my grand  birthday celebrations last year…that was supposed to be my last birthday as a bachelorette…as fate would have it, here I am! very much single, hale and super happy :) Dad did pass a remark ‘this should be your last one as a bachelorette in this house’ and I was like ‘ho ho ho’.  It has