Skip to main content

Navigating Through Labryinth

Wealth, career, relationships, emotions, marriage etc. Phew!! People belonging to my age bracket are all jostling or are trying to come to terms with such issues. And i happen to belong to the same league, trying to make my way through the labyrinth! At times,  i wonder why do we get so entangled with these miniature issues that we fail to see a bigger picture. Thanks to spiritual masters, i am slowly realizing that rather than merely existing like all other life forms we need to add value to our life and make appropriate use of our human body. Aren't we supposed to spread the smiles around and help to this make a world better place? How are we gonna contribute when we don't rise above such trivial stuff. I have vivid memories of i how wanted to be actively involved in bringing about improvements in the society at one point of time. How i had an opinion on every other issue and i loved debating with like-minded people on those. Wow! that was me around...uhmm around 6 years back.

In between, ambitions like grabbing a good job opportunity, earning well and charting a steady growth path, all the visionary stuff kind of lots its relevance. Really, life seemed like a race and i didn't want to be left behind my peers. I had a comfortable job, earned a decent living, went places, spent the money lavishly and i thought wow!! this is life! The ambitions grew further and i turned a blind eye towards the social stuff. A play of politics at work or should i say a twist of fate intervened and i was out of work for months. In those months, i started realized the futility of my material desires. I discovered that social connections are indeed strongly linked to an individual's professional stature and paycheck. And what a harsh truth it is!

The dots are now slowly connecting, and yes i am beginning to realize that it all had a purpose. Now, with guru's grace, i am being presented with opportunities to work for the welfare of society. The futile desires are gradually receding and i no longer want every other fashionable apparel in my closet or watch a movie every weekend. I am in no mad-rush like others and am miles and miles behind in the rat race. At work-front, i have made peace with my profession and don't loath the work anymore. I see it at as a duty and give my cent percent efforts and that is partly attributable to the absence of dirty mud-slinging politics. Yes, dear blog! i am changing for good. The process of transformation is shaping me up and would gradually reveal the diamond within.

I am savoring bliss and the nectar of gratitude, i have had those moments when tears of divine love and gratitude rolled down my cheeks. It is said that in those moments that you truly live your life and all thanks to Guruji's grace, i have experienced those. At times, when someone asks 'what is it that you really wish for?' i go totally blank. Really, the desires are fading away and i believe that whatever i need would be taken care of. Though, there are still dilemmas, dark spots and certain nick-nacks that are not yet plugged. I have faith that they would be taken care of by divine powers in the best possible way.

At times i feel like i am Mr. Darcy's reincarnation :P Really! i am grossly misunderstood by people, i find it hard to express and my arrogance is mostly perceived as 'not interested'. Does that bother me? Well! not much now i would say, but it still pinches at times when i am not able to get my point across. It hurts when i see people on the wrong path and i am unable to do anything about it. With time, i hope the feeling of contentment is gonna plug all the loop holes and i'll achieve the ultimate purpose of life. And i sincerely hope that i pen down and publish the book within :) Someday yes, it would happen!!


Comments

shweta said…
hmm Monica. . post seemed a lil religious than spiritual. . i prefer the spiritual way more :) Life needs to be a little practical too . . but whr one finds happiness, one loves staying there n preaches the same. . the sole purpose i think of life is to be happy n keep the soul happy n alive n so you are! Helping/ guiding others and being with them really adds meaning to life. . . and when one feels content, one does not think abt wishing anythng, but like u said certain thngs are "not yet plugged", the search for those things would keep us going, may upset us too, but such mysteries of life keep the journey going n will always be there. .
PS: i am expressing myself after really a long time, so incase it doesn't make much of a sense, jus ignore it. . :)
monica said…
I agree with you Shweta :) It makes sense...aah!! the mysteries of life, profound they are indeed!
sobhit said…
well havnt been loggin on to d net lately.. but gud to c u writing agaon.. d content n mattrs u mentioned here r beyond me to comprehend.. but i wish u all d best in wich evr journey u taking on n hope u dont leave dos who arnt as evolved as u spiritually.. behind ... u wana spread smiles.. try wid dos near u.. charity begins at home... but irony is most f ppl in social causes fail to look aftr d causes of der near n dear ones.. but as u mentioned ur changing for good.. n change is good as ppl say.. jst dat all feel dey doing wot dey doing d best n odrs dnt undrstnd der point f view.. while v ourselvs fail to undrstnd odrs as well.. wot good r v if v behave d same as u feel odrs do.. but den again dis wud b d case wid less spiritually enlghtnd souls like me.. dos f ur league r way beyond d petty issues n bothrngs n working fr d society.. bless u monica .. n hope u succed in wotevr u aspire..

PS gud to c u back posing ur thots.. wud b nice to hv a as a regular here like old times .. den again alot like old times wud b gud.. but alas..
Sadaf Khurshid said…
Monica, while reading through this I realize that you write words which say all that the reader has in mind but never puts them to words! :D
Lovely!!
Anonymous said…
Wish someone would put some sense into my head...I completely get what you are saying here. As long as you are content with your life and the changes.. nothing else matters :)

Popular posts from this blog

You get to be a judge!

Innocent... or Guilty? I have this fascination for judges, advocates and courtrooms.There's something about them which evokes my inner chords. How i wish i were a lawyer...sigh! Anyhow, whatever happens happens for good. So, personally this tag is kind of special for me because i get to be a judge for a change:D Rohini at Train of thought tagged me. I am omitting rule 4 in my post. RULE 1- You can only say Guilty or Innocent. RULE 2- You are not allowed to explain anything unless someone messages you and asks! RULE 3- Copy and paste this into your notes , delete my answers, type in your answers and tag to your friends to answer this. Asked someone to marry you? Innocent. Ever kissed someone of the same sex? Innocent. Danced on a table in a bar? Innocent. Ever told a lie? Guilty. Had feelings for someone whom you can’t have back? Guilty. Kissed a picture? Guilty. Slept in until 5 PM? Innocent. Fallen asleep at work/school? Guilty. Held a snake? Innocent. Been suspended from school?

Smiles and small wins

Meera looked around, searching for a friendly or familiar face amidst the crowd. All she craved was a smile or just someone noticing her. She had had a long day today at the resto-bar and her boss had asked her to clock in an extra couple of hours because it was Friday.  "I am not a shadow to be ignored, I am a star" she smiled hoping someone would reciprocate. Meera glanced at the shadows swaying to the music in blinking red and yellow lights. Oh, wait! Was it just music or the alcohol-induced trance? Or both? As she waited by the women's restroom, she adjusted her uniform to breathe in more air. Her workstation was miles apart from the airconditioned hall and a small table fan was placed near her stool. More than air, the fan exuded pesky noise. She let out a long sigh and peeked at her wristwatch. She felt some relief! Meera wished for time to pass sooner. She imagined sitting on her bed and watching the blissful face of her sleeping daughter. "You will be home wi

The day I turned 28 ;) (Yes I dare to say the number)...Am I really this old?

Twenty-eight years ago on Monday, 22 nd December 1986 an angel descended on the earth amidst dense fog and chilling winter…she charmed one and all :P Everyone was celebrating and congratulating!  Monday, 22 nd December 2014, this time too dense fog had enveloped Delhi! Freezing breeze brushed past my face and ruffled my hair, I couldn’t help but smile…it was the same years ago, Man!! This is my real vaala birthday (considering the weather conditions and the fact that it was Monday like in ’86)  Early morning auto ride...and I like this tree But alas, I was reporting to work this time unlike my previous birthdays, when I was pampered silly by one and all!! Mind raced back to my grand  birthday celebrations last year…that was supposed to be my last birthday as a bachelorette…as fate would have it, here I am! very much single, hale and super happy :) Dad did pass a remark ‘this should be your last one as a bachelorette in this house’ and I was like ‘ho ho ho’.  It has