Skip to main content

My First Love :P

I have been out of touch with self for long. Haphazard thoughts have been strolling in my mind but I couldn’t draw anything tangible from those or perhaps I didn’t put in much effort. I don’t feel stable and grounded any more. Whenever I try to catch those thoughts, they take to the air. It seems my creative and mental faculties are going astray. Enough of me. I intended to reminisce about my first love and look at the coincidence, the very same notebook in which I jotted down these points had extracts from those days.

Physics was my first serious love. I was enamored by the Classical laws and theories. The affection started sprouting eight years back. But then, I also fancied Mr. Biology and Ms. Geography. Yes divided affection! Finally I picked one and embraced Ms. Physics with open arms. Like every other relationship, I had my share of testing times as well. Alien concepts like Differentiation, Integration, Dimensions and harmonic frequencies intimidated me. At the same time I was awed by relative velocities, Doppler’s effect, static electricity and particularly electromagnetism. The coefficient of friction tamed my steps on the greasy path of this association. I took in to alpha, mew, beta, gamma, theta like ABCD. The phenomenon of interference astonished me. I see it around me and within me. Each thought has a frequency and wavelength associated with it, which in turn are inversely proportional to each other. There are several thoughts racing around in our psyche at any instant. The wavelengths of these thoughts may superpose constructively or destructively depending on their phase. Whenever we think good of someone, focus on the positives and retain the optimistic outlook, the energy within us amplifies. Or in other words, all the noble thoughts superpose and give us constructive interference. The feel good factor amplifies further and makes us energetic. On the other hand, the ill thoughts of varying wavelength superpose destructively and give us a ‘sapped’ feeling. This reminds me of Newton’s rings experiment conducted in dark room.

Newton’s classical laws are the foundations of the subject. The first law of inertia always reminds me of my indolence. I continue to be in my state of rest or of ignorance unless compelled by an external force of exams to change state. Third law of action and reaction is quiet common in a metropolitan like Delhi. A slight err on the roads in market place leads to reactions like “Bc, Ch#@*”. Then I was familiarized with modern physics. It is entirely based on Probability. Somehow, I wasn’t keen on it. Thus, began the exponential decay of our relationship.

As they say, excess of something or someone is harmful. That is what happened with me as well. The repulsive forces had come into being and the intensity of attraction was reducing progressively. Was it out of ennui? Or maybe it had to do with my “desire for a change”. I didn’t want to continue further with that affair. I grew out of it. We parted ways amiably. No grudges and hard feelings. I am still fond of her but the sentiment is not what it used to be. The first love always remains special and it occupies an exclusive spot in my heart. I am longing for her tonight as I write this. I wish I had a time machine to travel back into those days. Again, as per the postulates of Theory of relativity, one has to travel at the speed of light to turn back time. Possible? What say?


I caught a glimpse of fog through my window last night. Don't know what made me venture out and capture the dreamy night at an insane hour.






Comments

sobhit said…
had 2 read it 2wc in order 2 relate wid wots being written here.. u hv beautifully woven d world of physics sid Ms literature in dis post.. :P :P no dbt it ws ur 1st love ... its visible 4m d post... u sure hv a wonderful way wid words ..n dis post tks dat 1 step furthr.. interesting d way u hv explaind d postv n negtv feeling concept,, d force f attraction n repulsion also is xpressd in a way dat cant d avoided.. well 4 dat mttr nothin can b avoided in ur blog.. things speak out demslvs once u hv given dem words.. tho dunno y smthing strnge abt dis blog's appeal... it seems as if alot is hidden btween d words n encrypted wid d laws f physics.. dunno if am right or wrong but den again words r infered diff way by diff ppl.. n ur words alwaz mk me wonder if dey r plain blank or as deep as d deep blue ocean :P :P...

i like d foggy pix der... d lamp shade looks like sm bird in d 1st pic 2me :P :P probably sm pigeon illuminated by ur presence in such a dark hour f nite :P :P.. now am not gud wid finding dat hidden meaning in pic.. so wont say much...
nice refreshng post here.. i say refreshing cos its very diff 4m wot i get 2 read... tho it reminds me of sm stupid 4wrded mail .. dat said love lttr in maths or physics or smthin like dat :P :P...
had fun reading it.... keep writing n u'ill do wonders my frnd... ur 1st love mite hv been pyhsics.. but ur writin jst mite mk odrs fall in love wid it :P :P

PS: i dint get y geography n pyhsics r Ms while only biology get 2b Mr :P :P.. chal geography toh samajh agayi... ok biology Mr bhi alrite ...chal sahi hai but physcs Ms??? wots d catch miss ??? jst random discretion or serious thot in2 dis 2 ??? :P :P
monica said…
You have a knack for reading too much between the lines.Well i won't say "NO" and neither will i say "YES".Let the allusions be there, revealing all would take away the charm from this.As for gauging the depth, it's all up to the reader.
And Mr. ya Ms. ? Again i would say, let the things be! What's the point if i elaborate on it, Right!

Thanks for your unique insight! I eagerly look forward to reviews from all of you :)
Parul said…
Deception it is, at first sight! Thought would get to learn some secret about some hidden past :P. But (sighhhhh) :|, to no avail.

Was reminded of the entire Physics part, of what all little i know and remember, but it did sound familiar. Newton's laws are related really well, to life! The attraction-repulsion forces are the best out of all. Parting ways amicably, damn ya.. you put it all as if you were in an intense relationship(provided one replaces Ms Physics with Mr. X). Still PHYSICS holds a great space in your life i believe! Koi na, even if u parted ways, change is always for good!

The snaps are great but the one having the lamp post is just awesome. Good writer, now a photographer too!! way to go gurl... keep it up :D
Anonymous said…
You have described Physics beautifully...didn't know there was so much to it :)

The pics look great!
Ravindra Merthi said…
Gender assgnmnts r interstng
...lol

PS: lik u classify these subjcts the same people want wid othrs n classify us.

PPS: Respect the Uniqueness...

Popular posts from this blog

You get to be a judge!

Innocent... or Guilty? I have this fascination for judges, advocates and courtrooms.There's something about them which evokes my inner chords. How i wish i were a lawyer...sigh! Anyhow, whatever happens happens for good. So, personally this tag is kind of special for me because i get to be a judge for a change:D Rohini at Train of thought tagged me. I am omitting rule 4 in my post. RULE 1- You can only say Guilty or Innocent. RULE 2- You are not allowed to explain anything unless someone messages you and asks! RULE 3- Copy and paste this into your notes , delete my answers, type in your answers and tag to your friends to answer this. Asked someone to marry you? Innocent. Ever kissed someone of the same sex? Innocent. Danced on a table in a bar? Innocent. Ever told a lie? Guilty. Had feelings for someone whom you can’t have back? Guilty. Kissed a picture? Guilty. Slept in until 5 PM? Innocent. Fallen asleep at work/school? Guilty. Held a snake? Innocent. Been suspended from school?

Smiles and small wins

Meera looked around, searching for a friendly or familiar face amidst the crowd. All she craved was a smile or just someone noticing her. She had had a long day today at the resto-bar and her boss had asked her to clock in an extra couple of hours because it was Friday.  "I am not a shadow to be ignored, I am a star" she smiled hoping someone would reciprocate. Meera glanced at the shadows swaying to the music in blinking red and yellow lights. Oh, wait! Was it just music or the alcohol-induced trance? Or both? As she waited by the women's restroom, she adjusted her uniform to breathe in more air. Her workstation was miles apart from the airconditioned hall and a small table fan was placed near her stool. More than air, the fan exuded pesky noise. She let out a long sigh and peeked at her wristwatch. She felt some relief! Meera wished for time to pass sooner. She imagined sitting on her bed and watching the blissful face of her sleeping daughter. "You will be home wi

The day I turned 28 ;) (Yes I dare to say the number)...Am I really this old?

Twenty-eight years ago on Monday, 22 nd December 1986 an angel descended on the earth amidst dense fog and chilling winter…she charmed one and all :P Everyone was celebrating and congratulating!  Monday, 22 nd December 2014, this time too dense fog had enveloped Delhi! Freezing breeze brushed past my face and ruffled my hair, I couldn’t help but smile…it was the same years ago, Man!! This is my real vaala birthday (considering the weather conditions and the fact that it was Monday like in ’86)  Early morning auto ride...and I like this tree But alas, I was reporting to work this time unlike my previous birthdays, when I was pampered silly by one and all!! Mind raced back to my grand  birthday celebrations last year…that was supposed to be my last birthday as a bachelorette…as fate would have it, here I am! very much single, hale and super happy :) Dad did pass a remark ‘this should be your last one as a bachelorette in this house’ and I was like ‘ho ho ho’.  It has