Skip to main content

Colors of silence

The gloss of spring born leaves caught my sight today afternoon. A gentle breeze swayed past those new adornments and produced a soft and melodious sound. A sparrow chirped and added to the notes. The giant blue sky and fluffy cottony clouds completed the scenery. I savored the beauty and tranquility of my surroundings. It was enchanting and intoxicating. Yes, I was getting high. Time just stopped by and I wanted the moment to freeze. An unusual serenity overwhelmed me. Wow! I loved that feeling. It’s not every day that you sit up and take notice of your daily environs. It is there before you, calling you out silently and you choose to look away rather than delving in the magnificence of nature.

Bright and colorful flowers smiled at me. I touched the petals and sensed the smooth and velvety texture. They evoked a spirited feeling and yet they were silent. Their silence spoke volumes of our apathy. I pondered; we humans are so dependent on words. We use words to express our sentiments. These flowers need no words to gauge our temper. They savor our coldness and doldrums without any complaints and demands. No matter what, you’ll always find them jolly.

Black grapes, one of my favorite fruits are a lifelong buddy. Those juicy black pearls rejuvenate my taste buds. It is so magical. Without any squeals they silently crush beneath my teeth and ooze out their nectar. WOW!

We rarely notice the resources at our disposal and acknowledge their presence and importance. They are our silent heroes. I recently paid a visit to the neighborhood cobbler. I was taken aback by his humble persona. Actually I was elated; such kinds of people do exist even today. In the past few days I have come across a number of down to earth souls. People like these, reinforce the fact that bright shades do exist and shine in this largely gray world.

Today is Holi, the festival of colors. Of late I have observed that in a mixed group of boys and girls, boys enjoy splashing colors on a particular girl of their liking :P It has happened with me as well. It's like they get a license to flirt with the object of their affection on holi. This festival does bring people closer :P
A line is playing in my mind, I’ll close this post with that.



Kitni akele thi who rahen…jin par hum chalte rahe

Comments

sobhit said…
good observation and writing technique... i so made me to write in proper complete english words than making use of sms language... very well composed i will say .... and noticing the unnoticed and observing the world around.. well what can i say.. you leave no scope to comment on all such stuff... so i wont say much and say stop here... and holi isnt an excuse to flirt... personally dont like the festival.. though appreciate the emotions associated with it as long as people play it with the true spirits.... fools finding excuse to behave like morons cant help... all in all "bura na mano holi hai " works as long as koi bura na kare... else it gets dirty.. so hope people keep the true spirit alive in the years to come and holi stays holy :P :P
so like always nice read... and keep posting
ToBlog today said…
A beautiful rendition of Spring in all it's glory. You have a marvelous eye for observing your environment and a talent in describing what you've observed.

Popular posts from this blog

You get to be a judge!

Innocent... or Guilty? I have this fascination for judges, advocates and courtrooms.There's something about them which evokes my inner chords. How i wish i were a lawyer...sigh! Anyhow, whatever happens happens for good. So, personally this tag is kind of special for me because i get to be a judge for a change:D Rohini at Train of thought tagged me. I am omitting rule 4 in my post. RULE 1- You can only say Guilty or Innocent. RULE 2- You are not allowed to explain anything unless someone messages you and asks! RULE 3- Copy and paste this into your notes , delete my answers, type in your answers and tag to your friends to answer this. Asked someone to marry you? Innocent. Ever kissed someone of the same sex? Innocent. Danced on a table in a bar? Innocent. Ever told a lie? Guilty. Had feelings for someone whom you can’t have back? Guilty. Kissed a picture? Guilty. Slept in until 5 PM? Innocent. Fallen asleep at work/school? Guilty. Held a snake? Innocent. Been suspended from school?

Smiles and small wins

Meera looked around, searching for a friendly or familiar face amidst the crowd. All she craved was a smile or just someone noticing her. She had had a long day today at the resto-bar and her boss had asked her to clock in an extra couple of hours because it was Friday.  "I am not a shadow to be ignored, I am a star" she smiled hoping someone would reciprocate. Meera glanced at the shadows swaying to the music in blinking red and yellow lights. Oh, wait! Was it just music or the alcohol-induced trance? Or both? As she waited by the women's restroom, she adjusted her uniform to breathe in more air. Her workstation was miles apart from the airconditioned hall and a small table fan was placed near her stool. More than air, the fan exuded pesky noise. She let out a long sigh and peeked at her wristwatch. She felt some relief! Meera wished for time to pass sooner. She imagined sitting on her bed and watching the blissful face of her sleeping daughter. "You will be home wi

The day I turned 28 ;) (Yes I dare to say the number)...Am I really this old?

Twenty-eight years ago on Monday, 22 nd December 1986 an angel descended on the earth amidst dense fog and chilling winter…she charmed one and all :P Everyone was celebrating and congratulating!  Monday, 22 nd December 2014, this time too dense fog had enveloped Delhi! Freezing breeze brushed past my face and ruffled my hair, I couldn’t help but smile…it was the same years ago, Man!! This is my real vaala birthday (considering the weather conditions and the fact that it was Monday like in ’86)  Early morning auto ride...and I like this tree But alas, I was reporting to work this time unlike my previous birthdays, when I was pampered silly by one and all!! Mind raced back to my grand  birthday celebrations last year…that was supposed to be my last birthday as a bachelorette…as fate would have it, here I am! very much single, hale and super happy :) Dad did pass a remark ‘this should be your last one as a bachelorette in this house’ and I was like ‘ho ho ho’.  It has