Skip to main content

Nostalgic fever

Wow! What a relaxing night…simply lying down, no blues to bother me. Feels divine: D Perhaps a friend’s exuberant air has infected me too and I am not complaining. A nostalgic sentiment is sprouting within me yet again. The last examination has aroused the dormant sentimental seeds . Seeds which were rendered inert by the daily hustle bustle and emotional torrents. Words dodge me…“O Evil mind! Quit playing hide and seek”.

I marvel at my college days. Those “Hard on ass” wooden benches (Ouch!) can’t replace the cushioned comfort of ergonomic chairs but I am longing to sit on those benches yet again. The centrally air conditioned environs can’t pacify the ruffled feathers within. I was better off in the humid classroom.

All these thoughts bring about a subtle smile on my face. Thanks to DIAS, I have a fantastic circle of friends. Each one is extraordinary in his or her own way. I feel I am a different person today, a better version of my previous self. The way all pieces of the puzzle have fit in perfectly, astonish me. We are so different, yet we bonded so well(Touch Wood!). Basic chemistry, opposite ions have a greater attractive force! I think we were destined to meet somehow or the other.

Cut back to the present. I think there’s a mystic connection that is evolving and getting better week by week. I have this feeling that I get a whiff of what’s going on in the other’s mind. Very often, when I am thinking of so and so, the phone beeps to announce a text from the very same person. Vice versa too is very common nowadays. Perhaps, I am wrong or may be right! And it’s not just with me; others too can make out my ruminations at times. And am afraid, they hit the bull’s eye: P Wow! Isn’t that awesome? I am loving these mind reading games!

Small adjustments in time schedules so that we meet up at least once in a week, waiting, and then being at your best behavior so as to incite the late comers: P Then going out of the route to drop at door steps, despite of being down and tired. Have no words to express the kind of relationship level we are heading to. I must add, it could be dangerous. God Forbid, saying Good Byes would be harder, way beyond my imagination. Why worry when present is so perfect! I just hope that our bond continues to grow stronger and stronger,weekend by weekend.

PS-I was reading my slam book and God! I exclaimed. Was I that good really? High end words for me written by high end minds!Those were the days…Sigh! Anyhow a great mind had said “Change is the only constant” .Learning to cope up with the change!
Want to write more but words dodge me, i used to write so effortlessly. "CHANGE" :(

Comments

sobhit said…
u cud hv written more .. but nvrdless nicely done... mind games r none... its d compatblty i gues.. rest well... ur shot f words 2 write. .funny but am short on words 2 comment... so, feel gud read actually n ur slam gud says d truth.. its not dat u were but u still r dat gud.. so keep rocking woman...

CHEERS!!!
Parul said…
U would'nt believe, its nostalgia and more nostalgia for me too... Been 3 daz cant get over this feeling ya :) and now coming from your side that too in a blog, makes the feeling even more stronger :) Sighhhhhhhhhhhhh
Yes those were the days... sob sob... missing them already!!! Talking about the bond, know its getting stronger. hope nothing withers this away!!

Lastly sorry for missing on all the previous posts, will try making up for the lost time :)
Lovely post...
Anonymous said…
Nice post...I miss the "Hard on ass" wooden benches too :)

You still write effortlessly and that is something that's not going to change, i guess ;)

Popular posts from this blog

You get to be a judge!

Innocent... or Guilty? I have this fascination for judges, advocates and courtrooms.There's something about them which evokes my inner chords. How i wish i were a lawyer...sigh! Anyhow, whatever happens happens for good. So, personally this tag is kind of special for me because i get to be a judge for a change:D Rohini at Train of thought tagged me. I am omitting rule 4 in my post. RULE 1- You can only say Guilty or Innocent. RULE 2- You are not allowed to explain anything unless someone messages you and asks! RULE 3- Copy and paste this into your notes , delete my answers, type in your answers and tag to your friends to answer this. Asked someone to marry you? Innocent. Ever kissed someone of the same sex? Innocent. Danced on a table in a bar? Innocent. Ever told a lie? Guilty. Had feelings for someone whom you can’t have back? Guilty. Kissed a picture? Guilty. Slept in until 5 PM? Innocent. Fallen asleep at work/school? Guilty. Held a snake? Innocent. Been suspended from school?

Smiles and small wins

Meera looked around, searching for a friendly or familiar face amidst the crowd. All she craved was a smile or just someone noticing her. She had had a long day today at the resto-bar and her boss had asked her to clock in an extra couple of hours because it was Friday.  "I am not a shadow to be ignored, I am a star" she smiled hoping someone would reciprocate. Meera glanced at the shadows swaying to the music in blinking red and yellow lights. Oh, wait! Was it just music or the alcohol-induced trance? Or both? As she waited by the women's restroom, she adjusted her uniform to breathe in more air. Her workstation was miles apart from the airconditioned hall and a small table fan was placed near her stool. More than air, the fan exuded pesky noise. She let out a long sigh and peeked at her wristwatch. She felt some relief! Meera wished for time to pass sooner. She imagined sitting on her bed and watching the blissful face of her sleeping daughter. "You will be home wi

The day I turned 28 ;) (Yes I dare to say the number)...Am I really this old?

Twenty-eight years ago on Monday, 22 nd December 1986 an angel descended on the earth amidst dense fog and chilling winter…she charmed one and all :P Everyone was celebrating and congratulating!  Monday, 22 nd December 2014, this time too dense fog had enveloped Delhi! Freezing breeze brushed past my face and ruffled my hair, I couldn’t help but smile…it was the same years ago, Man!! This is my real vaala birthday (considering the weather conditions and the fact that it was Monday like in ’86)  Early morning auto ride...and I like this tree But alas, I was reporting to work this time unlike my previous birthdays, when I was pampered silly by one and all!! Mind raced back to my grand  birthday celebrations last year…that was supposed to be my last birthday as a bachelorette…as fate would have it, here I am! very much single, hale and super happy :) Dad did pass a remark ‘this should be your last one as a bachelorette in this house’ and I was like ‘ho ho ho’.  It has