Skip to main content

Obama did it!

Yes Obama did it! And India reveled in the pleasure. India and Obama make a fantastic pair.This relationship has finally hit a new high. Both are going around and painting the town red (read Media). For long, India has been trying hard to seduce America and outwit the charms of courtesan Pakistan. I’d like to believe America still has a soft corner for Pakistan, though these days it can’t help but be allured by the oomph of this Young, bold and brazen country. Media is going berserk with this liaison. By telecasting this affair they have got sumptuous fodder to feed the hungry common man cow. Newspapers could finally put the ink in their publishing machinery to good use. Columnists and of course bloggers like me have got intellectual matter to ponder upon and exercise those indolent creative cells in brain.

Speculations of this visit by the head of the most powerful country in the world started since the day Obama took those Presidential vows. Will he or won’t he? Considering the fact that Clinton and Bush notched up their popularity charts by landing here in India, the news of his November visit hardly came as a surprise. Clinton was a charmer. His charisma won him millions of hearts and that million included mine too :P I was in school then and Clinton was fresh out of this Lewinsky scandal. Lucky Lewinsky, I don’t blame her at all. My school friends used to tease me about that since Lewinsky and I share the first name. I confess blog, I secretly enjoyed those taunts and those Monicaaaa oh my darling lines!! That reminds me of my school friend Yukti, she still writes those lines on FB. Love you Yukti :)

Bush’s visit didn’t create that magic and flutter. After all, it’s difficult to match up to Clinton’s standards. His visit to ITC Maurya’s Bukhara raised that place to another league. I am hoping I get to visit that place one fine day and savor that famous Clinton platter. Such futile and worldly dreams I have no! Cut back to present. Obama and Michelle’s trip enchanted us and we wanted the fairy tale to go on and on. Obama’s oratory skills are eminent and he added zing to his speech by referring to Vivekananda, Gandhi and Ambedkar. Applauds in Parliament and repeated telecasts of his profound speech made me proud to witness this historic moment. The moment that catapulted India into a new league. Obama initially acted pricey, he had that difficult to be pleased and snotty aura around him. However, his speech indicated that he has accepted India’s proposal and is ready for the next step.

I marvel at the games these dignitaries and high profile people play. They know how to fixate their images in minds of people and conquer their hearts. All they have to do is sprinkle their speech with certain ‘personalized references’ and everyone concerned will surly sit up and take notice. Everyone loves attention isn’t it? It’s all about playing the right cards to captivate and then etching out an image in the hearts of public. Looking at it practically, he promised nothing great to India. Just a few assurances as per my knowledge and a few deals here and there. Oh I forgot!! Assurances do weigh a lot when they come from the most powerful man in the world. It is hoped that his next trip includes his daughters as well. Be our guests!!Atithi Devo Bhava

Comments

sobhit said…
monicaaa oh my darling ;p ;p....
now i cant rite dat on ur FB wall.. well wanst in ur school eithr so fair enuf :P :P
secret fantsies... dats sm news dint knw ;p... lucky lewinsky u say.. lucky clinton i say :P :P...

obamas oratory skills cant b dbted nor ur writing skills .. smtyms i find hard 2 digest d words i read.. myb opn up wikipedia side by side.. :P but lazy me wnt evn do dat.. rathr njy d flow f d post in itself..

fodder to feed hungry cmmn man cow.. nicely done.. dos r sm writing skills..so stick wid dis gift f urs... n u mite hv many more monicaaaa oh my darling coming ur way ;p ;p ...
monica said…
Sobhit you are so generous with your praises. Always appreciate your words of wisdom. Keep reading and commenting.

Popular posts from this blog

You get to be a judge!

Innocent... or Guilty? I have this fascination for judges, advocates and courtrooms.There's something about them which evokes my inner chords. How i wish i were a lawyer...sigh! Anyhow, whatever happens happens for good. So, personally this tag is kind of special for me because i get to be a judge for a change:D Rohini at Train of thought tagged me. I am omitting rule 4 in my post. RULE 1- You can only say Guilty or Innocent. RULE 2- You are not allowed to explain anything unless someone messages you and asks! RULE 3- Copy and paste this into your notes , delete my answers, type in your answers and tag to your friends to answer this. Asked someone to marry you? Innocent. Ever kissed someone of the same sex? Innocent. Danced on a table in a bar? Innocent. Ever told a lie? Guilty. Had feelings for someone whom you can’t have back? Guilty. Kissed a picture? Guilty. Slept in until 5 PM? Innocent. Fallen asleep at work/school? Guilty. Held a snake? Innocent. Been suspended from school?

Smiles and small wins

Meera looked around, searching for a friendly or familiar face amidst the crowd. All she craved was a smile or just someone noticing her. She had had a long day today at the resto-bar and her boss had asked her to clock in an extra couple of hours because it was Friday.  "I am not a shadow to be ignored, I am a star" she smiled hoping someone would reciprocate. Meera glanced at the shadows swaying to the music in blinking red and yellow lights. Oh, wait! Was it just music or the alcohol-induced trance? Or both? As she waited by the women's restroom, she adjusted her uniform to breathe in more air. Her workstation was miles apart from the airconditioned hall and a small table fan was placed near her stool. More than air, the fan exuded pesky noise. She let out a long sigh and peeked at her wristwatch. She felt some relief! Meera wished for time to pass sooner. She imagined sitting on her bed and watching the blissful face of her sleeping daughter. "You will be home wi

The day I turned 28 ;) (Yes I dare to say the number)...Am I really this old?

Twenty-eight years ago on Monday, 22 nd December 1986 an angel descended on the earth amidst dense fog and chilling winter…she charmed one and all :P Everyone was celebrating and congratulating!  Monday, 22 nd December 2014, this time too dense fog had enveloped Delhi! Freezing breeze brushed past my face and ruffled my hair, I couldn’t help but smile…it was the same years ago, Man!! This is my real vaala birthday (considering the weather conditions and the fact that it was Monday like in ’86)  Early morning auto ride...and I like this tree But alas, I was reporting to work this time unlike my previous birthdays, when I was pampered silly by one and all!! Mind raced back to my grand  birthday celebrations last year…that was supposed to be my last birthday as a bachelorette…as fate would have it, here I am! very much single, hale and super happy :) Dad did pass a remark ‘this should be your last one as a bachelorette in this house’ and I was like ‘ho ho ho’.  It has